Perhaps you don’t like certain foods that others love to eat but when your kids don’t like foods such as tomatoes, peas, cheese, mushrooms, meat, or anything else, you call them picky. Maybe, yes, your kids are picky and we must act right away because they are in full growing process and need a lot of nutrients to normally develop, so, here are 5 tricks to get your kids to eat everything, plus an extra bonus method to increase their appetite in such manner that they’ll eat everything and will not get overweight.
Don’t force your kids to eat
Small kids are always picky when they have no appetite or if you give them to eat the same food, repeatedly. If you make a big deal out of this, you’ll discover that there is nothing wrong with your kids and they will eat the food they’ve refused before their appetite increases, or when they are ready for a change of taste.
But, yes sometimes there are older kids that are always picky. The list of those foods that they don’t want to eat will become longer and longer with each day that passes. And if you have more than one kid, and each one of them is picky, you might get to cook different dishes for each kid in part. Not smiling now, right?
Well, smile because here the promised 5 tricks to get your kids to eat everything
1. If the kid suddenly begins to no longer eat a certain food that’s on the plate, do not overreact. Let your kid eat whatever else is on the plate, then clear the table as if nothing had happened, and without drawing attention to that certain food refusal. Next time cook the same food your kid refused but in a different way. Some children love carrots, but hate cooked carrots, while other children hate baked potatoes, but love mashed potatoes.
2. Your kid might say to you that he hates cauliflower, for example. Pretend you’re not hearing your kid, act as in the first trick, let few days to pass and offer him again cauliflower. You might discover that your kid reconsidered regarding the cauliflower and that now he’s accepting it. Anyhow, keep in mind that children between one and three years old are not very consistent regarding their preferences and might reconsider in matters of hours when it comes to food.
3. Be more flexible because you’re the adult in the house after all, right? If your kids consistently dislike certain foods, give them something else for the moment. Later on, you may try to put the refused foods into the blender and mash them up. For example, if your kids don’t like eating tomatoes as a whole, you can make a juice out of the tomatoes and give it to your kids. They might enjoy it better. Also, if your kids do not like various raw vegetables, try them cooked (baked or grilled), or vice-versa.
4. Do not give more options to your kids. All the family members have to eat the same dishes, not be asked to choose from a huge menu. If your kids stubbornly don’t accept the food on the plate, do not let them stand and stare on the plate but tell them that this is what everyone is eating at that time and you don’t have anything else to them, and if still not eating, tell them that they’ll have to wait for the next meal. Most of the kids fall in this trap and even if not totally liking the food they will eat up.
5. When it comes to babies, it is very important that after starting the food diversification to introduce as many new foods as possible. With the older ones, you can add fruits and vegetables into their diets. If they’re refusing them, made them take it as a game.
For example, cover their eyes, give them a spoon or something of that food they don’t like and make them guess what it is.
Children love to play with food, so another solution is to arrange fruits or vegetables to form a shape, or a smiley face, or whatever your imagination is telling you. Also, some children like to pursue his parents in the kitchen, so let your kids to squeeze an orange, to break an egg or whatever because their participation in the meal preparation can make them reconsider and convince him to eat everything they’ve prepared alongside with you.
As a conclusion, each kid is unique. Do not force your kids to eat everything that’s on the plate, because they can repeat the same thing in adulthood, this being an automatism that is usually acquired in childhood. Instead, it’s important to be concerned not so much about the quantity as about the quality of your kids’ food, making sure that your kids are eating all the essential nutrients they need for a proper growth and development.
Keep in touch with your pediatrician, and ask for some investigations if you’re suspicious that a health problem is keeping your kids from enjoying every type of food. There could be a lack of some digestive enzymes or of the normal amount of digestive enzymes, bacteria flora unbalance, or viral infection.
Another way to get your kids to eat everything
Dietary supplements may be a great help to stimulate the appetite and boost your kids’ vital energy.
Best dietary supplements in this direction contain Fenugreek, Turmeric, Spirulina, which are traditionally used to regulate and stimulate the appetite. These ingredients in combination with watercress, ginger, chicory, vitamin C, B12 and other minerals help to fight fatigue and boost the energy.
Ginger is a tonic and antiseptic.
Watercress helps the assimilation of the minerals.
Copper and Manganese regulate the metabolism.
Vitamins C and B12 help to reduce fatigue and exhaustion and to fortify the immune system.
Usually, these dietary supplements can be used from the moment of food diversification until the age of adolescence.
The child is not a miniature adult in the period of growth, and due to the accelerated pace of the development of the body, the child has specific nutritional needs and energy consumption is increased.
A balanced diet in children is a goal not easily achieved, being difficult to do so because children are constantly changing their dietary preferences until forming their taste. These changes are part of their normal learning process and autonomy.
Appetite increase supplements are a way to make your kids accept food they usually refuse. Dietary supplements for increasing the appetite can be administered orally, and usually, they come in the form of syrups with a sweet fruity taste, which is loved by the kids. You have to choose only 100% natural and proven to have the optimal effectiveness appetite increasing dietary supplements.
These were the 5 tricks to get your kids to eat everything plus the dietary supplement method to increase your kids’ appetite. Hopefully, after implementing one of these solutions depicted here, or all of them, your kids will eat everything and will grow up healthy and beautiful.
I am a young woman, a mother of two beautiful kids, and I am passionate about reading and writing. I am a flexible writer, with huge experience on topics related to health, babies and kids, lifestyle, fashion, IT&Tech, relationships, and world’s mysteries.
Armed with my articles as weapons against wrongness, I hope to help people living a better and healthier life, and I’ll always be a militant for justice, trying to teach people about what is good and what is wrong.