Healthy Benefits of Wild Salmon
How often do you eat wild salmon? Did you know how many benefits can wild salmon bring for your health if you incorporate it in your daily diet? Or at least try to eat it every once in a while, because we can guarantee that it brings a lot of necessary benefits for you and your entire health. In this article, we will introduce you to 8 of the healthiest reasons for why you should say yes to the wild salmon, especially if you haven’t tried it until now!
First of all, you should know that wild salmon is not the same as the farm raised salmon, the main and big difference is the fact that the wild salmon can feast of other fishes, while the farm raised salmon may be filled with antibiotics necessary for mass production. This fact only speaks highly of the wild salmon, because feeding in a natural ways, it means that this fish is fill with essential omega 3 fatty acids or how we call them in the general terms – good fats – and proteins, as well as with low saturated fats, which are the bad fats.
Why You Should Have Wild Salmon on Your Plate
1. Wild salmon promotes the healthy vision. A diet that is high in omega 3 fatty acids that are essentials can easily decrease the risk of the appearance of the age related molecular degeneration, also known as AMD. The age related molecular degeneration is the main cause of the vision loss, especially in people that are past the age of 50. Also, the omega 3 fatty acids that can be found in wild salmon are able to cure the irritated or dry eyes, as well as any other vision related problems.
2. Wild salmon can improve the skin look. Having problems with the acne? Wild salmon is the answer. It also fights against the redness, wrinkles and the sagging skin, so eating wild salmon can help you fix a lot of the skin issues you’re probably dealing with. A rich diet in omega 3 fatty acids provides a better moisture of the skin, will make the skin less prone to develop problems and will improve the younger looks of the skin. How is this possible? Due to the omega 3 fatty acids that have anti aging skin properties, and they can also improve the skin’s elasticity and its flexibility. Wild salmon’s fatty acids can also improve the collagen production of the skin.
3. Wild salmon is able to stabilize the blood pressure. If you’re having trouble keeping a normal blood pressure levels, consider eating wild salmon each week, because it can sure improve this issue. It will lower the blood pressure and it will also prevent any dangerous spikes you might develop.
4. Another important benefit provided by the wild salmon is the improvement of the memory. Older people start to have memory issue after the memory starts to degenerate, this is why it is important to constantly eat wild salmon. But they are not the only ones that should consider introducing the wild salmon in their diet, young adults should eat it too. The omega 3 fatty acids that the wild salmon contains are able to improve the cognitive processes and improve the strength of the memory. So, one might say that if you really want to have both beauty and brains, you should eat a lot of wild salmon.
5. Wild salmon supports a healthy weight management. Are you having troubles with the extra pounds or with maintaining a healthy weight? Try to eat more wild salmon and you will see how fast this problem can go away. Good fats like the ones in the wild salmon will help you to battle against the most unexpected and hard to digest cravings. After you will eat wild salmon, you will also feel satiated for a longer period of time, because the wild salmon is digested more slowly by the organism. Don’t forget that this fish is a great and natural source of selenium, protein, niacin, phosphorus, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and magnesium, and you definitely need all of these if you really want to maintain an overall balanced diet and nutrition plan.
6. Wild salmon is able to lower the cholesterol levels, especially if you eat it a few times in the course of the week. The salmon consumption is able to lower the triglycerides, also known as bad cholesterol, and to reduce the overall risk of developing a cardiovascular disease in people of all ages.
7. You should also eat wild salmon because it is versatile, tasty and healthy. So yes, you should definitely give it a try just because of the purely appetizing reasons. You can incorporate the wild salmon into a variety of foods and meals, and all in more than one way, of course. You can add it in the omelets, on the sandwiches of you can make a tasty and healthy salad. Also, wild salmon can be eaten with pasta or stir fry dishes and if you want a salmon burger, add it into patties. The possibilities are unlimited and such a healthy and tasty source of good fat (omega 3 fatty acids) and proteins should not be wasted at any costs.
8. Wild salmon is able to lower the cancer risk. You might have read something about the omega 3 fatty acids being able to resist the cancer risks and even being able to reduce some of the types of cancer most commonly meet, such as prostate cancer or rectal cancer. Well, it is true, the foods that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, as it is the wild salmon along with other cold water fish, were tested and proved to be able to decrease the risk of developing cancer.
If all these are not good enough reasons for you to start incorporating wild salmon in your diet plans, then I don’t know what else! Also, keep in mind that the wild salmon is one of the few natural foods that are not processed or injected with antibiotics or other chemical substances in order to be consumed by a mass of people. You can find it very easily on the market and since it has so many healthy benefits for the entire health, there is absolutely no reason against the idea of why you shouldn’t start to eat wild salmon right now.
Take into consideration the facts that the wild salmon improves your vision, lowers the cholesterol levels and normalizes the blood pressure levels, it can make your skin younger and good looking, getting you rid of the imperfections, it is versatile and can be eaten along with other many foods and it is proven to be able to reduce the cancer risk. All these being said, enjoy the wild salmon foods you’ll make!