I do not think there’s anybody in this world who does not want a nice hair. But what many do not take into account is that hair does nothing but reflect our well-being and health. Therefore, a woman or a man who cares for her or his diet, who does sports, who is concerned about her or his physical and mental condition, will have a beautiful and healthy hair.
Maybe you think that the genes have an important role too, but this is shouldn’t be an excuse to bind yourself. To have a beautiful and healthy hair you must avoid hair damage and in this article you’ll learn how to avoid hair damage.
I will start by presenting the bad habits and illnesses that can affect your hair.
Before that, I want you to know that there are three types of hair damage:
How to avoid hair damage – Physical damage
This is caused by the natural aging process. The hair ages as it grows. For example, the hair that’s shoulder-long is at least three years old. The hair of this length has already been shampooed a hundred times, combed, brushed, and exposed to various types of damaging factors.
Activities that cause physical damage to hair are:
- Shampooing – Frequent washing of hair leads to the cleaning of natural oils that lubricate and protect the hair.
- Brushing – Forced hair brushing leads to the destruction of cuticles over time. Therefore, brushing should be done with great care and with the help of a quality brush.
- Combing – For the health of the hair, choose a comb with rare teeth. The tangled hair should be combed from the tips.
- Rubber elastics – The elastics applied too tightly destroy the cuticles and cause the hair to break.
- Curlers – Excessive stretching of hair on round curls, can destroy that part of the cortex that gives elasticity to the hair. Therefore, it is good not to stretch your hair too hard.
- Excessive warm – If the dryer is too close to the hair or is kept too long on a hair area, a too high temperature accumulates, which can destroy the cuticle, thus exposing the hair to damage. Also, too much warm makes hair loses its natural moisture.
- Electrical hair straighteners – These are probably the most damaging heat sources because they involve applying heat directly to the hair, thus damaging the cuticles and leading to the loss of natural hair moisture.
I am a young woman, a mother of two beautiful kids, and I am passionate about reading and writing. I am a flexible writer, with huge experience on topics related to health, babies and kids, lifestyle, fashion, IT&Tech, relationships, and world’s mysteries.
Armed with my articles as weapons against wrongness, I hope to help people living a better and healthier life, and I’ll always be a militant for justice, trying to teach people about what is good and what is wrong.