Some foods are a real pleasure when they are eaten, and red melon is definitely among the first in this regard. The unique combination of green-white-red and sweet taste unmistakably does not even allow us to take life seriously and make us shout out loud that it is summer!
And as if its taste is not a reason good enough to eat a watermelon slice daily, then you must know that it is also full of nutrients and has no fats. But if you feel that its seeds are annoying when trying to eat a slice of watermelon, you must know that watermelon juice can be prepared by blending the whole slice of watermelon, with seed and all. Here are the 10 health benefits watermelon juice.
Many people consume watermelon just as a snack, but for how much benefit it brings to the body, we recommend that you consider it the start of your diet during the summer.
If your children are not very enthusiastic to eat spinach or lentils, which are foods rich in potassium, give them a slice of watermelon instead. It is a huge source of potassium that helps the muscles and functions of the nervous system, maintains the proper electrolyte balance of the body and the balance between acid-alkaline in the body, and lowers the risk of high blood pressure.
The benefits of watermelon are astounding. No matter how many slices you eat, you will definitely choose one of the richest combination of antioxidants that exist in nature.
Health benefits of watermelon juice
- Watermelon juice is an excellent source of vitamin A, antioxidant that helps in eye health, vitamin C that strengthens immunity, and vitamin B6.
- Tomatoes have always been considered a great source of lycopene, a very powerful antioxidant that fights against many cancers, especially prostate or breast cancer. But watermelon juice has a higher concentration of lycopene than any other vegetable or other fresh fruit. The red color of the watermelon is due precisely to this lycopene.
- Watermelon is the richest fruit in electrolytes, the sodium and potassium salts that we lose through sweat.
- Watermelon juice is very rich in vitamins B that strengthen brain function and help convert proteins into cellular energy. Since it has the highest water content of all fruits (90% is water) is considered more valuable than other fruits.
- Watermelon juice has a special refreshing effect and is very rich in a citrulline amino acid that our body needs to create another amino acid, arginine, which is used in the urea cycle to remove ammonia from the body.
- Antioxidants in the watermelon juice help reduce the severity of asthma, colon cancer, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and prostate cancer.
- Watermelons contain a lot of thiamine, potassium and magnesium, minerals that protect us from so many diseases.
- Watermelon juice has no fats and sugars but it helps energy production and protects against cellular degeneration.
- When the summer heat is disturbing, drinking a glass of watermelon juice is an excellent alternative to various soft drinks or energizing drinks because it contains plenty of water, and it can hydrate us, while other energy drinks also contain caffeine that dehydrates the body.
- Watermelon is an excellent way to keep the blood pressure under control. Watermelon juice is recommended for hypertension care and it is a great way to help people who suffer from hypertension to better manage excessive heat in summer days.
I am a young woman, a mother of two beautiful kids, and I am passionate about reading and writing. I am a flexible writer, with huge experience on topics related to health, babies and kids, lifestyle, fashion, IT&Tech, relationships, and world’s mysteries.
Armed with my articles as weapons against wrongness, I hope to help people living a better and healthier life, and I’ll always be a militant for justice, trying to teach people about what is good and what is wrong.