The ambient of your bathroom
Keeping the bathroom clean is a problem that everyone has. The fear of germs and the desire to have a cleaner environment are the main arguments. With the help of some easy tricks that didn’t cross anyone’s mind before, the shower head cleaning doesn’t have to take a lot of time, money or effort.
It is not surprising that people are looking for ways to increase the water pressure in the shower. If this problem doesn’t exist, a shower can be a very relaxing moment, providing a feeling of peace and well-being.
Unfortunately, a lot of people went through the following unpleasant experience: preparing to enter the shower, to get a stress relief after a long working day or after a cleaning spree but the water has no pressure; it is diffused irregularly or intermittently. Or worse, the water just drips.
If there is also a misfortune being in an area where the water contains a lot of limestones, the pipes and the shower head must be cleaned more often to prevent the constant clogging caused by the accumulation of mineral deposits. This problem can cost you a lot, but also can annoy you a lot because it is the barrier between you and a quiet moment that a normal hot shower offers.
Don’t call plumber yet. Just try a few simple tricks and try to solve the pressure problem without spending a lot of money.
The shower heads we use can be detachable or fixed. If they are fixed, their cleaning is more complicated, but not impossible.
A simple method to clean the fixed shower head
The fixed shower head is a bit more difficult to be cleaned than a detachable one, but not impossible.
- 1 hard plastic bag
- ½ of white vinegar
The whole process will be ready in less than a few minutes. Here’s what must be done:
- the white vinegar must be heated a little in the microwave
- vinegar must then be poured into the plastic bag
- the bag should be carefully tied to the shower head
- make sure that the shower head is covered with white vinegar
Ideally, the bag is left overnight for better and deep cleaning. So it is advisable to do this before bed, and the next morning the bag should be untied and a regular shower can be taken.
Normally, to prevent any limescale deposits, this trick should be tried once a week.
A simple method to clean the detachable shower head
Having a detachable shower head makes it easier to take care of it because it can be placed in a recipient and left over night and also the mixture goes inside of it and cleans it better.
- 1 needle
- ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- hard plastic or metal recipient
- first, detach the shower head
- tap into its holes with the needle to remove sediment or calcium oxide
- open the kitchen or bathtub faucet and place the whole of the shower head (the one attached to the pipe or hose) on the faucet so the water runs inside of it to soften or clean some of the limescale
- heat the vinegar
- pour the heated vinegar in any hard plastic or metal recipient
- finally, soak the shower head in vinegar
Leave it overnight, rinse and put the shower head back on.
Another strategy for the hardest to remove limestone
Occasionally, often because this task is forgotten, the shower head is left to accumulate more and more residue.
In this case, a product to clean the holes and increase the water pressure in the shower can be bought or the ingredients everyone already has at home van be used: water, vinegar and lemon.
- 1 cup hot water (250 ml)
- ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- juice from a lemon
- 1 toothbrush
- first, shake the shower head and rinse it with water
- then heat the water and add the white vinegar and lemon juice
- soak the shower head in this mixture and let it sit for 1 hour
- with a toothbrush, rub well on the shower head holes to clean the limescale marks
- to make sure each hole is clean and free of limescale, clean them all with a needle
Sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda, is also a great ally against limestone. Another option would be to place the detached shower head into a hard plastic or metal recipient place a full hand of sodium bicarbonate over it and slowly pour vinegar or a full glass of lemon juice over it. Due to the chemical reaction limestone will dissolve.
If the water has excess limestone and other minerals, it is very useful to tie a bag full of vinegar to the shower head, leaving the product to act overnight. If the shower head is cleaned properly every week, the water pressure shouldn’t be a problem.
Enjoy a well-deserved peaceful moment under a perfect stream of hot water.