For some time now, dry brushing against cellulite became a popular method to fight the unaesthetic appearance of the skin, known as cellulite.
About dry brushing
But, is dry brushing indeed effective against cellulite? In this article, we’ll try to find out that precisely.
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, and it practically helps us to get rid of the toxins and residues that the body needs to eliminate to function correctly.
Speaking of dry brushing, it has remarkable results, not only on the surface of the skin, but also on the inside, improving the health of the whole body, according to some users. Let’s see a series of benefits of dry brushing, as reported by those who used this method to get rid of cellulite naturally and efficiently.
Cellulite causes and treatment
Specialists have not discovered the specific causes of cellulite, but they argue that there are a number of elements that predispose women to cellulite.
Among them, there might be:
- Hormonal factors – Specialists believe that hormones such as estrogen, insulin, norepinephrine, or thyroid hormones play an important role in the process of cellulite production.
- Genetic factors – For cellulite to develop, certain genes are needed. The genes predispose certain individuals to cellulite.
- Diet – Women who eat too much fats, consume too much salt, and have a low-fiber diet have the highest risks of having cellulite.
- Lifestyle factors – The risks are higher for smokers and those women who do not workout or spend many hours sitting in a chair.
- Clothing – Very tight jeans or pants and tights can contribute to the appearance of cellulite.
Among the therapeutic methods to eliminate cellulite, there are both physical techniques and mechanical techniques, such as:
- massage to stimulate the lymphatic system
- heat therapy
- magnetic therapy
Benefits of dry brushing against cellulite
Stimulation of the lymphatic system
The skin is a complex system, made up of nerves, glands, and layers of cells. The lymphatic system is responsible for removing and eliminating toxins, and when it does not work well or stagnates, all these wastes remain in the body, sicking us, over time.
Through dry brushing the lymph is set in motion and produces that detoxification that is so needed by our body.
Women love to have a smooth skin and, by dry brushing, the dead cells from the surface of the skin are eliminated, and the pores are thoroughly cleansed. The skin becomes shiny and soft.
I have been a professional content writer for several years, and I am passionate about everything new in domains like health & wellness, science, technology, and many more. I graduated from the Faculty of Communication And Public Relations, and I enjoy sharing my knowledge with my readers. I am pleased to be here and to cover a wide array of topics, including reviews, as I enjoy helping people and contribute to their well-being.