How to treat cold and flu?
Sometimes the most frequent health issues are the hardest to treat, didn’t this strike you by now? How many times you’ve been held captive by a cold or a flu that didn’t seem to wanna let go of you, despite the number of pills and treatments that you’ve tried? If they’ve worked, however, the symptom’s relief didn’t seem to last any longer. And when medicines and pills can’t help, what does any normal person do? He or she starts to look for effective and efficient natural cold and flu remedies, especially the ones that they can try at home, in their space and quit.
We bring you some useful and efficient tips for treating colds and flues as much natural as possible. Keep in mind that you can use all these remedies at home, and they will surely provide you with more lasting symptoms relief than any of the pills that you’ve been spending your money on!
- Try to blow your nose more often and make sure to do it in the right way. Yes, as strangely as it may sound, it is important to blow the nose on a regular period of time, especially when you have a cold. Abstain to sniff the mucus back into the head as much as possible. Take care with the earache that can appear when you blow your nose and apply too much pressure in a wrong way. How to properly blow your nose: press one finger over one nostril and easily blow to clear the other nostril. Wash the hands after.
- Rest more and stay rested. This helps your body to save energy in order to fight the immune battle. Lay down every once in a while and fuel your body so that it can do the hard work or keeping you safe and healing you.
- Gargle a lot. This can moisten the sore throat you have and it can also bring you a temporary relief. Dissolve a teaspoon of salt into warm water and gargle at least four times per day. For the gargle, you can also use other types of mixtures, such as tea which contains tannin for the tightening of the membranes or a mixture of honey with apple cider vinegar.
- Try to drink more hot liquids. These will help you with the nasal congestion, and they will also prevent the dehydration, while soothening the uncomfortable inflamed membranes whichline up the nose and the throat.
- Take steamy showers, often. They moisturize the nasal passages and help you relax whenever you feel dizzy because of the flu.
- Use hot or cold packs and apply them around the congested sinuses. This procedure will help you feel a little more comfortable, soothening the symptoms of the colds or the flues.
- Try to add an extra pillow under the head, because it will help you with the drainage of the nasal passages.
- If you can’t open your nasal passages, use a salve and place it under the nose. A mentholated salve will open the breathing passages and heal the irritated skin from the base of your nose. Both menthol and eucalyptus, as well as with camphor, have the necessary ingredients for helping you with the pain of a rubbed nose.
- Eat more of the foods that can fight with infections. Here is a useful list of fruits and foods that can help you in your battle with a cold or a flu:
- Rice and bananas are good to curb the diarrhea or to soothe the upset stomach, if it’s the case
- Eat foods that contain high amounts of vitamin C, such as bell peppers
- Blueberries favor the curbing of the diarrhea, because they are high in natural aspirins, and they can lower the fevers, while helping in the ease of your aches and pains
- Carrots are necessary, because they contain beta-carotene and this fights against infections
- If you can’t open your sinuses, try to eat chilli peppers, because they can also help with the breaking of the mucus that was accumulate in the lungs
- Cranberries are good to prevent the bacteria from lining up around the urinary tract and the bladder
- You can’t get rid of the mucus found in the air passages? Eat mustard or horseradish
- Onions are able to help the body in the cleansing of the bronchitis and many other infections
- Drink black tea or green tea, because both of them contain a substance called catechin, which is a phytochemical whose purpose is to have natural antibiotic in it, and it can also provide good anti-diarrhea effects
There are plenty of symptoms that can be mistaken by a cold or a flu, such as bronchitis, sinus infections, meningitis, asthma, strep throat. If it happens that the symptoms get worse and worse, make sure to address your doctor in order to find the right treatment. And it wouldn’t be bad that, aside from the treatment, you should try to apply these really useful tips and tricks to treat and cure colds and flues as natural as possible.
I would define myself as an experience journalist and an interactive copywriter with an extra interest in scriptwriting, copywriting, branding, proofreading.etc…
In the last 8 years of my life I have been covering news related to health care department, by doing this in a way I have developed a soft spot for subjects about Health & Well-being, Weight Loss & Fashion, Industry Trends.
I have worked very closely with affiliates publications to the Indian Express Group like Express Pharma and Express Biotech, where I have assisted the editor to perform different editorial tasks including special issues, editing, pagination, proofreading texts…