When a new baby arrives into your family, you feel blessed. He is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to you. However, you must be aware of the responsibilities that come along with the baby’ arrival. Nothing will be the same. He will be the center of your universe. The main problem that you may have with a new born is the impossibility to communicate. Not only because you can’t wait to hear his first words, but you must guess his needs instead of knowing them for sure.
At the beginning of his life, the only way he knows to show you something is wrong is to cry. In the following rows of this article, you will learn more about when and how your baby will start to communicate better with you. There are no precise rules because every baby is different. Therefore, you should not worry if your baby has a different rhythm of developing his communication skills than others.When a new baby arrives into your family, you feel blessed. He is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to you.
However, you must be aware of the responsibilities that come along with the baby’ arrival. Nothing will be the same. He will be the center of your universe. The main problem that you may have with a new born is the impossibility to communicate. Not only because you can’t wait to hear his first words, but you must guess his needs instead of knowing them for sure. At the beginning of his life, the only way he knows to show you something is wrong is to cry.
In the following rows of this article, you will learn more about when and how your baby will start to communicate better with you. There are no precise rules because every baby is different. Therefore, you should not worry if your baby has a different rhythm of developing his communication skills than others.
When the baby starts developing his language?
Some parents may expect their baby to start talking in six months since their birth. This is practically impossible. An average baby will start to communicate better at the age of 12-16 months. This is not because he does not want to or because he cannot understand what you are saying but because it is physically impossible to develop the 18 muscles that are responsible for the speaking ability in such short periods of time.
In fact, a baby has the ability to understand you at very early ages even he cannot respond. His first sounds are superficial. If he may sound a bit hoarse is because these sounds comes from his throat. They are not profound and usually they do not mean anything. This also happens because he does not have the ability to breathe properly to emit proper sounds. He breathes through his mouth and nose in the same time.
At the age of 9 months, you will notice his first clear syllables. He will have the ability to pronounce vowels and consonants mixed in a single word. As it was already said, babies have the ability of understanding what you say at very early ages but once his language starts to develop his ability to understand better will develop as well. People may call that the imitation period. We are not the only ones who try to find a good strategy to make our babies to talk. They start forming their own strategies as well, because if they receive the proper attention they understand faster how important is to make themselves understood.
How the baby learn how to speak?
If you did not know by now, babies are able to read on your lips while you are talking. This is the best way for them to practice. This is essential for them so they can see how they have to move their mouths so the words will be able to come out. It is true indeed, that children will start talking faster and better if their parents will talk allot with them and around them.
Most parents, however, do not know that the important part is not to talk nonsense and fool around them all day long. You must pay attention to when they want to initiate a dialog with you. It is very important to allow them to initiate that dialog and you must offer them a prompt response to their request. The amount of words does not have to be too big. What you should do is to pronounce those words while you look at your baby and you should do it in a very correct manner. Like this, he will be able to understand how the words start and how they end.
The best way to stimulate your baby to speak:
- As it was mentioned earlier, it is very important to speak with your baby and you must pay attention when he tries to communicate with you, no matter if he does it through signs or various sounds.
- Babies can make many sounds. Not all of them are so important when it comes about speaking trials. You must be more careful when it comes about sounds that contain vowels and consonants. These are the important sounds.
- You must continue the dialog initiated by him by pronouncing the words he wants to say and after reaching the results you expect, you can add sounds that are more difficult to your conversations, so he will try to learn more from you. Everything must be done gradually.
- Each time your baby will show you an object, you can give it to him but in the same time, you must say what this object is. Shaking the object in front of him while you name it, it will draw his attention even more.
- Not only the conversations with you, are important. You must encourage other people to talk with him in the same manner. As many people he will see saying the same things in the same way, he will understand that this is the way to do it.
- One of the biggest mistakes people seem to do is to allow their babies to sit in front of the TV for hours. This is not a good idea at all. Children will not learn how to talk or how to interact with other human beings by watching cartoons or TV commercials. You must be responsible when you decide to bring a new life into this world. Most people complain about their lack of time, but when you have a baby, you must make time for him, if you want to have a healthy, happy and sociable kid.
- It is very important to increase his breathing skills. You know that when you want to speak you must breathe in a certain manner. You force your lungs more when you speak. You may have noticed that when you have the flu, your ability to speak is decreased because your breathing ability is decreased as well. This is why, you must teach your baby how to breath so he can speak later. Just by showing him how to blow in some musical instrument or through any other game, he will increase his lungs main function.
- Tongue is another organ that is essential when you want to talk. You must help your baby develop its tongue muscles strength. It may sound difficult but it is not difficult at all. Just make him use his tongue more often, by licking an ice cream or a candy bar, or his own lips.
You should not aspect your kid to react to all the stimulants and techniques enumerated above as other kids around you. Any person is different and so your child. He may start to speak faster or slower than others do. You may have to face periods when his abilities of speaking may stagnate. This does not mean that he has a problem. It is perfectly natural to have different behaviors.
My name is Aura and I am a very active woman. I like being like that because I consider that I have many things to learn from this life.
The main reason why I started to write, was to increase my income. In time I realized that this was not my real goal. I wanted to prove to me, that I have the ability to communicate through writing with people around the world.
I like the idea of sharing my knowledge and experiences with other people even if sometimes they may not agree with me. This is maybe the most important thing in this job. You must allow other people to come with their own ideas backed up by solid arguments.
Another thing, that made me fall in love with writing, was the fact that I can do, even if I do it in my spare time, something I really wanted to do my entire life. Expressing myself through writing gives me the freedom that I can’ t find when I am at my daily workplace.
With all these things being said, I hope you will find my articles interesting and useful.