Definitely, your chances of getting pregnant from having unprotected sex one time are relatively low. For example, in the case of regular unprotected sex contacts, within one month, the average probability of pregnancy is approximately between 15% and 20%. How to increase the chances of getting pregnant?
Regularly unprotected sexual contacts within one year lead to the occurrence of pregnancy in approximately 80% to 90% of the cases.
What factors increase the probability of pregnancy?
Your chances of getting pregnant from having unprotected sex depend on some conditions:
- the quality of sex
- the moment of sexual intercourse
- methods of contraception used before, during, or after sexual intercourse
Are there days when unprotected sex can not lead to a pregnancy?
Referring to the risk of unwanted pregnancy on different days of the menstrual period, the following important moments should be highlighted:
- a certain pregnancy risk exists on any day of the menstrual period, that is, on any day of a woman’s fertile life
- there are no absolute safe days where the occurrence of pregnancy is impossible at a level of 100%
For this reason, in all cases in which pregnancy is undesirable upon sex intercourse, you should use contraceptive methods in order to completely eliminate the possibility of developing a pregnancy after intercourse.
How to increase the chances of getting pregnant?
Make a calendar of your menstrual cycle!
The more details you know about your menstrual cycle, the easier it will be to identify the maximum fertility days.
It may be useful to keep a calendar of the menstrual cycle, noting:
- The early days of menstruation
- The day when it ends
- Any pre-ovulatory symptoms and others
Follow the 3 simple signs of fertility!
- The quantity and quality of cervical mucus – you are fertile when the mucus is abundant.
- The position and consistency of the cervix – is located inside the vagina and is soft and carnous when you are fertile.
- Fluctuations in basal temperature – this will increase when ovulation occurs.
I am a young woman, a mother of two beautiful kids, and I am passionate about reading and writing. I am a flexible writer, with huge experience on topics related to health, babies and kids, lifestyle, fashion, IT&Tech, relationships, and world’s mysteries.
Armed with my articles as weapons against wrongness, I hope to help people living a better and healthier life, and I’ll always be a militant for justice, trying to teach people about what is good and what is wrong.