Using a water filter might be essential when traveling to areas where potable water is hard to find or whenever you are traveling to remote places. LifeStraw Go water filter bottle is one of the best and most affordable items that you can find on the market at this moment.
It is an excellent product that won’t fill a lot of space in your backpack, so you should take it with you whenever you travel to remote locations or to places where potable water is challenging to find.
About LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
The manufacturer, which is renowned for its water filtration systems for hikers and travelers, promises that the LifeStraw Go water filter bottle will protect you against 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria and parasites.
The product is allegedly independently tested in a lab, and it is made of durable, BPA-free plastics. Besides its primary purpose of protecting against bacteria and parasites, it will also help you fight plastic pollution since it replaces the use of plastic bottles.
You can use the LifeStraw Go water filter as many times as you want, thanks to the replaceable filters and accessories. Also, this water filter bottle will improve the taste of the water that you drink.
The water filter bottle keeps 99.9% of bacteria, such as E.coli, Salmonella, and others, at bay, while it also eliminates about 99.9% of parasites, such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. Even more, LifeStraw Go will filter 99.9% of microplastics, chlorine, organic chemical, sand, and other harmful materials that could be found in the water that you drink.
The filter bottle is designed to work for up to 4,000 liters of water with the original membranes. Of course, you can change the filtration system with a new one from the manufacturer’s site, so you can use the bottle for a longer period.
The specifications of LifeStraw Go
As per the official site of the bottle, the following specs apply:
- The micro-filter protects against 99.9% of bacteria, 99.9% of parasites, and 99.9% of microplastics, sand, and cloudiness
- The carbon filter protects against chlorine, organic chemical matter, and odors for improved taste
- The bottle meets NSF 42 standard for chlorine reduction
- It is in line with the US EPA & NSF P231 standards for the removal of bacteria and parasites
- The membrane micro-filter lasts for 4,000 L
- The carbon filter lasts up to 100 L
- The item is BPA-free and is safe to wash in the dishwasher (once the filter is removed)
- It has replaceable filters
- It comes in two variants: 650 ml and 1L
- The dimensions are 23.5 x 8.0 cm (for the 650 ml bottle) and 23.5 x 9 cm (for the 1 liter bottle)
- The package comes with the water bottle, a water filter, a cap with a silicone mouthpiece, and a carabiner
Lifestraw Go price
The LifeStraw water filter bottle comes in different colors that will suit everyone’s tastes.
As it comes in two sizes, the following prices apply:
- 1 650-ml water filter bottle: $39.95
- 1 1-liter water filter bottle: $39.95
- 1 pack with two water filter bottles: $69.95
Lifestraw pros and cons
- The bottle works for up to 4,000 liters
- It comes with replaceable parts for longer usage
- Affordable price
- It comes in two sizes and many colors
- The bottle fights against all those common and harmful bacteria, parasites, and pollutants
- It is useless against viruses
- You will have to find water supplies when hiking in remote areas to refill the bottle
In short, the LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle is useful for hikers who hike in remote areas or places where potable water is hard to find. The bottle filters up to 4,000 liters of water and keeps bacteria and parasites at bay. In conclusion, you should have it with you whenever you go out hiking.