Warm places to go over 2017 Christmas & New Years weeks
If the thermometer shows temperatures below 0 and you’d like to hibernate until spring installs, you might think again. I do not like cold weather myself, so I chose to show you a selection of the most beautiful, interesting and accessible tourist destinations in the world where you can enjoy the wonderful weather 365 days a year. These are the best warm places to spend Christmas.
These wonderful places give you the opportunity to spend your Christmas and New Year’s Eve in shorts, cooling yourself on a beach sipping on cocktails or an ice-cold beer.
While your friends spend Christmas and New Year’s Eve in a padded coat, you swim with huge turtles and dolphins and get a beautiful tan.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Egypt
Egypt is an exotic destination for sunshine throughout the year, as long as you choose a location along the coast.
Temperatures vary between 27 degrees Celsius and 32 during the summer and between 13 and 21 in the winter.
During the summer months, the country becomes very dry and warm, making it a very pleasant destination. The peak season lasts from October to May, and the most recommended season is spring when you find the low prices and ideal temperatures for whatever you choose to do in these lands.
If you choose Egypt as a Christmas destination, you have numerous accommodation deals up to $30 per night for a double room.
Some examples of accommodation (the prices may vary depending on the period and how long you want to stat, so check with your travel agency for accurate prices):
- Hotel Amar Sina Village Hotel Sharm El-Sheikh *** with the price of only $10 per night in a double room.
- Pension Moise Nile House *** with the price of only $15 per night in a double room.
- Lagona Dahab Village ** complex with a price of only $18 per night in double room.
- Sharks Bay Oasis *** with the price of only $20 per night in a double room.
- Resort Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam ***** with a price of only $25 per night in a double room with all inclusive.
- Resort Golden 5 Resort Club Hurghada ***** with the price of only $25 per night in a double room with all inclusive.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Algarve
Algarve is in southern Portugal and is a place where you can spend all year in shorts. The region’s tourist office is therefore based on the splendid climate, but also on the golf courses with the Atlantic Ocean in the background.
The mild and temperate climate goes hand in hand with fine and golden sandy beaches, some deserted and some of the most frequented, such as Praia Da Falesia, in the vicinity of the Vilamoura tourist complex.
If you are not passionate about the bay, interesting to visit is Parque Natural da Ria Formosa, the lagoon area between Faro, the capital of the region and the sea. Whatever you choose, Algarve is a great choice for your winter vacation.
Best accommodation in Algarve you will find in Faro District.
The beach is always close to you wherever you are in Portugal. It’s important to get to the sunny countryside. From there, you can handle it easily. If you decide to visit the Algarve area, stay in the Faro District. Here are some offers for you:
- Hotel Afonso III ** with the price of $60 per night for double room.
- Hotel Rialgarve *** with the price of $65 per night for a double room.
- Hotel Santa Maria Faro *** with the price of $95 per night for a double room.
- Hotel Faro & Beach Club **** with a price of $115 per night in a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Hawaii
Hawaii is perhaps the most famous destination of this type. The islands have only two seasons, summer and winter, but the difference between them is not huge.
In summer, the average temperature is around 29 degrees Celsius, while in the winter months, the lowest temperature is 20 degrees. The dry season in Hawaii begins in April and ends in October, and the wet season begins in November and ends in March. Rains appear very rarely, for two or three consecutive days. In conclusion, you have little chance of something that could hurt your Christmas vacation in Hawaii.
Although the accommodation options are more expensive, you will not regret being there and you will never forget this experience:
- Pension Hamakua House * with a price of $55 per night per cottage.
- Waimea Country Lodge ** with a price of $65 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Hilltop Legacy **** with a price of $80 per night in a double room.
- Chalet Kilauea *** with the price of $90 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Hawaiian Monarc ** with the price of $110 per night for a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Abu Dhabi
From Egypt, if you go south you’ll reach to Abu Dhabi.
In the summer, when the temperatures go above 40 degrees Celsius, the city remains deserted.
From November to April, the dry climate and gentle temperatures make Abu Dhabi a perfect destination.
In recent years, skyscrapers have emerged, and Abu Dhabi looks alike with Manhattan, NY.
In Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh town you can find the best deals:
- Hotel Kingsgate Abu Dhabi *** with a price of $40 per night in a double room.
- Hotel TRYP by Wyndham Abu Dhabi City Center *** with a price of $45 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche **** with a price of $50 per night for double room.
- Gloria Downtown Hotel *** with a price of $50 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Khalidiya **** with a price of $55 per night in a double room.
- Oriental Hotel Apartments *** with the price of $60 per night for a double room.
- Hotel Corniche Abu Dhabi ***** with the price of $60 per night in a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Thailand
Imagine spending your winter holidays in Thailand, on the seashore!
The best time to visit is certainly the dry season that begins in November and lasts until March when the temperature rises to about 30 degrees Celsius.
April and May are the hottest months when cities become very hot and humid. It would be ideal if you could avoid these periods, or if you still want to go, choose a location in the northern area of the country, where it is cooler by about 5 degrees.
There is a rainy season in Thailand, which starts in July and lasts until late October, but this is not an impediment to make a trip during this period because temperatures are moderate and rains don’t last long.
Where to sleep in your holiday in Thailand? Here are some options:
- Hotel Tha Phea Bunk Home * with a price of $10 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Nantra Cozy *** with the price of $12 lei per night in a double room.
- Hotel Ananya Boutique Jomtien *** with the price of $15 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Sino Imperial Phuket *** at a price of $20 per night for a double room.
- Resort Baan Laimai Beach **** with a price of $50 per night in a double room.
- Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery by Sofitel ***** with $110 per night for a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Canary Islands
To visit the Canary Islands, there is no ideal time. The Spanish archipelago is located on the north-western coast of Africa and is renowned as a place of eternal sunshine.
While all Europe and half of the US are covered with snow and shivering cold, the temperature in the Canary Islands is about 20 degrees Celsius, while during the summer it reaches up to 30 degrees.
November and April are considered extra season months, although they are most recommended. Then you can get lower rates of accommodation and the temperatures are milder, being ideal both for tanning and for visiting.
So the Canary Islands are one of the most popular exotic destinations for the winter holidays.
Where to sleep to be near the beach in the Canary Islands:
- Camping Playa de Vargas with the price of $19 for a tent or cottage.
- Hotel Blanca Paloma ** with the price of $35 per night for a double room.
- Aparthotel Las Lanzas *** with the price of $45 per night in a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Miami
In the summer, the warmth of Miami is suffocating, therefore winter is the perfect time to visit this city when temperatures here vary between 18 and 26 degrees Celsius.
Miami does not just mean South Beach, model mock-ups, trendy venues, Cuban emigrants, and escapade students.
Less than 18 kilometers far from Miami City, on the Key Biscayne Island there is the Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, a pool of wild beaches and crystalline waters.
Another objective could be the Everglades, the famous marshlands of the metropolis.
Although people seem like never go to sleep in Miami, there is also a need for some relaxation between fun activities. Here’s where to go in Miami:
- Rodeway Inn South Miami *** with a price of $70 per night in a double room.
- River Park Hotel & Suites Port of Miami ** with a price of $80 per night for a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Cape Verde
On the west coast of the Western coasts of Africa, there are the ten islands of Cape Verde, which stretch over a distance of about 600 km. With a moderate climate than in the other African countries, from December to March, temperatures rise to about 25 degrees Celsius, while in the summer months temperatures reach even 30.
Because we are talking about a semi-desert climate, it should be a really bad luck to catch rain in the winter holidays on these lands, as they are extremely rare.
Where to Stay on Cape Verde Island:
- Pension La BonAventura ** with the price starting from $20 per night.
- Central Hotel Sal *** with the price of $35 per night for a double room.
- Hotel Residencial Alto Fortim **** with a price of $40 per night for a double room.
Warm places to spend Christmas – The Maldives
Maldives is an Indian Oceanic countryside that enjoys an average of 8 hours of sunshine a day. Like other exotic destinations, it has wet and dry seasons, but the temperature differences are not very high.
Whatever the season is, the temperature of the days is between 25 and 30 degrees Celsius.
Accommodation in Maldives:
- Aliaga Fishing Lodge * with $30 per night for a double room.
- Hanul Gunbaru * with the price of $30 per night in a double room.
- Maafushi Inn *** with the price of $40 per night.
- Hotel Villa Rest *** with the price of $40 per night.
Warm places to spend Christmas – Cuba
Cuba is slowly recovering, and there are many reasons why this island deserves to be visited.
In Cuba, there are not only some of the most beautiful beaches in the world but also a rich cultural heritage that has fascinated visitors over the years.
Summing up 11 million inhabitants, Cuba is the largest population in the Caribbean. 20% of Cubans live in Havana.
Besides the beaches there is the most splendid Caribbean reef, making it a natural habitat for a wonderful underwater life.
If you walk away from the sea, you will discover a fascinating country that lures visitors with a dazzling combination of Spanish, African and Caribbean influences, all over the place.
Open and friendly, Cubans provide you with the warmest reception in the Caribbean and friendship will accompany you throughout your stay.
Accommodation in Cuba:
- Hotel Rocaverde * with the price of $30 per night for a double room.
- Hotel 1511 Baracoa *** with the price of $50 per night in a double room.
- Hotel Neptuno-Triton *** with a price of %50 per night.
Now that you have some ideas on warm places to spend Christmas, you can decide how to spend your winter holidays. If you’re from Europe, it’s more advantageous for you to visit Egypt or the Algarve. If you’re from the US, you can travel to Miami, Hawaii, or Cuba for a warm Christmas holiday. No matter where you’re from, you can have the best warm Christmas ever if you choose one of these exotic places.
I am a young woman, a mother of two beautiful kids, and I am passionate about reading and writing. I am a flexible writer, with huge experience on topics related to health, babies and kids, lifestyle, fashion, IT&Tech, relationships, and world’s mysteries.
Armed with my articles as weapons against wrongness, I hope to help people living a better and healthier life, and I’ll always be a militant for justice, trying to teach people about what is good and what is wrong.