Keeping the body in top shape is a great concern for each one in the last century. Due to high levels of pollution people try to find methods to stay healthy and in shape. Besides eating good, not genetically modified food and making sport, drinking water using water ionizers is another trend that has grown lately.
What is ionized water?
Ionized water or alkaline water is water treated by using electrolysis make it acidic or alkaline. The pH of lemon juice is 2, baking soda has a pH of 9 and normal (tap) water, pH of 7, or neutral.
Alkaline water has a pH of up to 8 or 9, this pH being obtained by sending an electrical current through the water, detaching the molecules into acidic ions with a positive charge and alkaline ones with a negative charge.
Then, the acidic ions are disposed of, leaving behind alkaline water, which can be made even more alkaline by adding salts or minerals.
How does water help the body
Doctors recommend drinking 2 litres or above of water each day. Water plays an important role in digesting food, in helping organs such as kidneys filter the blood and collect any toxic substances.
While neutral water is intended for taking medications and making baby formula, alkaline water helps to keep the body’s pH levels within a narrow range called acid-base balance.
Kidneys and lungs have the job to keep the pH limit in a normal range, but their functions can be altered and influenced by external factors such as medication, allergies, foods and pollution, having as a result a range of body illnesses, some of them being irreversible, such as auto-immune illnesses.
Some researches sustain that alkaline water won’t make any difference in the body and others say that by balancing acidity levels the body can better regulate functions such as respiratory and digestive.
Water ionizers won’t only produce ionized water, but also would clean it and filter it from most common contaminants and bacteria from the pipes, which is at least a big plus for purchasing one of them.
The eccentric researches sustain that even cancer can be cured or prevented by consuming alkaline water because cancer cells can live in an alkaline environment.
Water ionizers work on the same principle described above, some of them having extra features than the others. The below list contains the best water ionizers, pros and cons regarding their features.
Tyent ACE-13 water ionizer
Pros: Source of water can be customized (inserting bottled water on its reservoir or supplying from a tap).
- lifetime warranty
- flooding is prevented by a sensor
- self-cleaning unit
Cons: the lifetime warranty is available only in the USA.
- the size of the unit
Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter water ionizer
Pros: compact unit, weighing 18.4 pounds, can be placed anywhere in the kitchen or living room.
- pH can be chosen from 9 different levels
- not using chemical or additives
- water is filtered by a dual ultrafiltration system that aims at removing roughly 99.99 per cent of the harmful contaminants
Cons: can use only tap water as a source.
- replacement cartridges are expensive
Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.0
Pros: reputable vendor, bestselling unit due to efficacy.
- optimal oxidation-reduction potential (ORP), in other word providing 100% antioxidant water
- incorporated carbon water filters for purifying the taste of water and eliminating up contaminants
- pH settings which allow you to use the provided water for cleaning the house
Cons: incorporated carbon water filters must be replaced after 4000 liters and they are expensive.
- large unit, requesting big depositing space
- consumes much electrical power
Bawell Platinum Alkaline water ionizer machine
Pros: modern stainless steel design, BPA-free food-grade plastic.
- easy to use
- 1 liter of water in 10 seconds
- double filtration system
- lifetime warranty
Cons: installation instructions are vague.
IntelGadgets IONtech IT-757 Advanced Alkaline Water Ionizer
Pros: built-in platinum-finished titanium electrolysis plates helps the reduction of contamination.
- 7 levels of pH each corresponding to a display color
- after each use, the machine cleans itself with a 10-second routine electrolysis cleaning cycle
- The membrane filter is made out of non-toxic material
Cons: the strength levels of water are hard to adjust.
Pure Hydration Alkaline Antioxidant Water Ionizer
Pros: decontaminates water of 99.99% of heavy metals.
- provides molecular hydrogen
- spectacular design
- compact unit
Cons: as a source, only tap water can be used.
Air Water Life Deluxe 7.0 Water Ionizer
Pros:-small unit, can be placed anywhere.
- 7 alternatives to alkalize water
- the unit made out of Durable materials
- energy efficient
Cons: must change the ionic plates each time the levels are adjusted.
- only a 5-year warranty
IONTech IT-750 Under Sink Alkaline Water Ionizer
Pros: can be placed under the sink.
- indicator lights that make it easy to operate
- dual spot faucet to get the water in an easy manner
- purifies water as well
Cons: no instruction manual provided with the unit.
HealthyWiser Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
Pros: weighing only 8.11 pounds, can be placed anywhere.
- platinum coated Titanium electrodes to avoid contamination
- display screen easy to read since it is LCD and pretty large
- easy filter access due to it’s sliding door
- the process end is announced by voice
Cons: made out of plastic and titanium, not very durable.
Miracle M.A.X. Counter Top Water Ionizer
Pros: providing high acidic water using Himalaya salt rock.
- lifetime warranty
- adjustable pH settings
- LCD display
- easy to use
Cons: standard and tap connections not included, must be purchased separately.
- can be connected just on the counter faucet, not at the one under the counter